Saturday, October 28, 2017

Home is far away

I've got a long way to go
but there's no vacant taxis
it feels like it'll rain
the day's burden feels heavy
on my drooping shoulder
I just want to rest for a moment
home is far away

Nothing's changed
alone in an empty playground
I do pull ups on a high bar
it's been a tip-toed life
what's been expected of me
has been a little beyond my stretched arms
people standard soaring high as Mt. Everest
as I rise to the top, stress does to
I know I can never rest
since there's no sleeping pills
that will put my complaints to sleep

Now it is become obvious
why society taught us how to wait in line
complex relations, that itself is a paradox
there's only relation, no room for people

I used to dream because I was afraid to be mundane
now I dream of being normal
as I stand all alone in the rain
if there's no growth, growing pain is just a pain

I become more and more afraid
my two feet and heart are running, but for what?
my dream has become a burden
my only hope is to leave them behind and run away
just one more step, they say
but when I looked up,
I was at the edge of the cliff
I looked behind to see long line of expectations
were they supported me or pushing me over
the materialistic world reached out to me
I hated to hold it
but I fear more of being empty handed
it can't be only time that can't be held on to
looking up at the dark sky
and thought I once had a dream
tonight, it's even hard to sleep

could you stop for me, for a moment?
I can't walk any further
the wind is blowing
and I still have a long way to go

Is there no place for me is this huge world?
am I alone in this busy street?
is there not a single empty seat for me?
Home is far away

The path I had  take
I once had something like a dream
I once had a dream





No comments:

Post a Comment